Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beyond Words(

This past week and half has been full, busy and beautiful. God has been working in amazing ways. And at this point as my time here in Kigali is coming to an end I am beyond words. So please excuse and enjoy this post that will be image based. A testament of how God has moved in my life, in the young woman I have been working with, and at Christ Church in Rwanda. Tomorrow I head to Kumbya a 10 day Missions conference and retreat where I will be helping with VBS programing for kids ages 5-10. I'm hoping for some good quiet time in the early morning by the lake to begin processing this journey. All that to say, more words are coming. Not to worry. 

Last week my class made of young woman started our mural for the 10-12 classroom.

We first sketched it out in pink chalk, the next day we begin painting! 

(All smileys as we start painting)

(More then 8 beautiful women worked on this mural) 

(We took a break the first day to paint ourselves a bit)

(Day 1 look at all our progress) 

This is Teopista, our friend, my second mother, auntie, our cook for over 13 years. God planned for me to be in Rwanda at just the right time that I could help her find a new job and return to Rwanda.  

(After our second day of painting)

(The girls were committed, to even brave fear of heights to paint the cabinets.) 

(Finished) 

(On Saturday since the mural was finished we went back to work on rehearsing poems that they each wrote to create a performance to share on Sunday. After working hard I rewarded these girls with a much deserved lunch break at my house) 

(I was so blessed to get to know this lady!) 
For our last Tuesday meeting, I hosted all the girls at my house for a "tea party" of sorts 
(The girls came over early to learn how to cook cream puffs, apple pie and peanut butter cookies) 
We got pretty messy as we made our cream puffs
(Julia and Iliza wanted to use their creativity to make special, VIRGIN Cocktails) 
Special sugar cubes for our special afternoon
(Enjoying the fruit of our labor, our feast of treats) 
This girls did not hold back on their creations, apple iced tea and virgin mohjitos ) 
(Group Shot) 
After the party this girls helped me do one last clean up of the room and took a final picture. A couple came back to my house for a movie night. The day was such a success of quality time spent together, celebrating their hard work and our summer together) 
View of the Mural on the opposite wall 
(Today with several others, we visited dear friends and members of CCR that have a Fish Farm an hour outside of Kigali.) 
Girls enjoyed catching ducks 
We got a tour to visit all of the animals and the beautiful lake 
Sweet Linden Girls 
Evey pets a cow
This is one of several man-made ponds that grow fish 
Of course a trip to visit Wilbur 
Our friends also are guardians to several once orphans providing them with care, love and a home. 
Their House overlooking the lake and their farm 
Pastor Onella with her hand up greeting young people as she enters church
I was the photography for this event. For more photos check out my facebook. 
The Holy Spirit moved in amazing ways, challenging this young people to accept Jesus into their lives and His healing power that breaks every chain. 


1 comment:

  1. So good to see the people in whom you've been investing, Soph. So excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete