Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where are you from Poem for English.

I know this hole, identity where am i from bit takes up allot of my post. Thats why I wasn't too excited about this assignment. But I really enjoyed the end result and wanted to share it with you guys. So enjoy!

Where are you from?
By Sophia Jenkins

I am from more than one place
I have been shaped by more than one person
Many different objects have slipped though my fingers
Leaving behind only imprints of Distant Lands.
Memories and other small thoughts not sharp.

I am from a more dirt than tarmac road
That lead to a home on a hill.
Huffs of diesel and sweat
Chickens at my feet,
With fizz in a bottle and roasted corn not cob.

I am from imagination station.
A wrinkled hand that opened worlds,
By the flip of Lewis followed by ABC.
Wrinkled hand in mine
Took to find butterflies and wildflowers not bought.

I am from first world uncomfortable luxuries
A view of the world from the sky.
Yoga positions in the mini van,
“Quality Family time.”
Smells like fresh laundry, reecies not Cadbury.

I am from everyday inconveniences turned into adventures,
Hellos made, and goodbyes said.
Father gently says,“Life’s not fair.”
But Whoop Di Doo
I’m still here not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment